Sleep less Nights


Why can't I go to sleep you say
I can't really tell cause I wish I knew
Like the endless thoughts that flood my mind
These white walls imprision me from the outside world

Why can't I go to sleep you ask
I can't really answer that but I wish I could
If I could I would describe a much fearful picture
Faces with deformed expressions would make you scream

Why can't I go to sleep you wonder
I can't really say cause it seems I'm never really present
Randoms thoughts turn into flashbacks
No Looking back is staring right back at you

Why can't I go to sleep I ask myself
I'm not tired but yet i'm afraid to close my eyes
Instant shame starts to destroy the happiness
Which soon turns into utter confusion

Why can't I sleep I ask you Father, please help me
The noises seize while my body starts to relax
How do I react I haven't felt like this in long time
Everything around me starts to sing soothing melodies

I let Go and Let God have his way total submission
Gives you that piece of mind.............

5 Response to Sleep less Nights

  1. I hope you dont mind if i steal the title its rather inspiring! lol But here is another thought....
    sleeping days
    sleep through the night?
    no not i
    I sleep in the sun so bright
    a dream of angels
    torcherous devils
    all in the day light

    numb to the touch of human embrace
    deaft to the sound of sweet music
    because i dream of devils in chase
    Its a work in progress.... (and to think i just came up with that in 10 minutes

  2. Interesting, I didnt think of it that way but I really like they way you described sleepless nights...

  3. Yup im unique :D but its not just description its how i feel.... Numb to the world the things going on around me.... I should be crying or screaming in anger but no....... i just sit here in silence feeling..... numb

  4. I get that feeling too..where life keeps going on and you are observing from the outside

  5. Yup truth specially when you get older and you got little kids and stuff around you that are only so many years younger then you or so and you feel like your watching them grow up and your not yourself!

Post a Comment